In typical blog fashion. Here are the top 10 things I am most thankful for over the past year. Sorta.
10. 356 days ago I wrote this first blog. God’s goodness and grace and some continued patience from Megan has allowed this to continue.
9. Eleiko. No more need be said.
8. My coaches. Ursula for the weekly programming, motivation, and consistent ego-shot. Richard Flemming, Tom Witherspoon, and the rest of the Spoon Barbell boys for your daily encouragement, inspiration, and commitment to excellence. Stan Luttrell for getting me into the sport of weightlifting and motivating me as times have called for it.
7. Olympic Weightlifting. The sport has been a lifeblood and a source for continued support, inspiration, and legitimately the sport has finally given me a career. Thank you to all the men and women who have helped keep this sport alive and have given me the chance to be a part of it today.
6. The Outlaw Way. Rudy and the boys have made this year something exceptional. The training camps, the regional wins, and all the athletes. Thank you.
5. Sasser didn’t die trying to perform some jerk auxiliary work. Sasser near death experience.
4. Crossfit Deep Ellum. The coaches. My business partners. The community of athletes and clients. Yall seriously make going to “work” each day a huge joy.
3. Megan and my family and friends. Yall have been more patient with my lifestyle and choices than I could ever hope for. Megan specifically, you are a solid rock of support and love that is irreplaceable and someone I often take for granted. I wouldn’t be half the man I am today without you. Mom, Dad, Winston, and Haley you have for years and continue to put up with my faults and annoying habits.
1. God’s grace in my life through Jesus Christ. I have an infinite amount of joy that is sourced directly in this fact and it is what gives me so much energy to continue working hard for His glory. The gifts I have are God’s given to me that I might make much of Him. I pray He continues to allow me to do that through the sports of weightlifting and Crossfit.